Warehouse and Operations
Sorter and Delivery Driver – Portand, OR • Full-Time/Regular
This position is responsible for retrieving, sorting, and stacking merchandise. Loads, unloads, moves, stacks, and stages product using material handling equipment including forklifts. Picks and Packs orders throughout the warehouse. Documents and maintains inventory, ensures production area organization and cleanliness. Maintains equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Picking and packing, pallet building, and light assembly.
- Performs labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
- Efficiently stacks and stores the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Prepares and stages skids for outbound shipments using different carriers.
- Efficiently moves product from staging and/or storage areas into outbound trucks and trailers.
- May unload inbound shipments safely and moves product to storage locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting with the efficient transportation and delivery of product to customers in a manner and condition that meets customer and company requirements. Duties will include assisting with the delivery and installation of equipment and products (i.e. appliances, cabinets, and electronic equipment) to offices, warehouse locations and residential customers. Also responsible for assisting with timely reporting.
- Assists with the transportation, installation and delivery of goods in accordance with the schedule as determined by supervisor. Properly secures loads and ensures loads are within weight limits.
- Verifies counts and condition of goods loaded and unloaded. Makes reports of overages, shortages, and breakage/damage as needed.
- Assures that all equipment/product is safely loaded and secured.
- Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reports into the dispatch office when completing a scheduled delivery and/or when delayed.
- Assists with the completion of daily equipment (truck) maintenance logs, delivery, and driver logs.
- Verifies all customer documentation is complete and that all activity is reported accurately on the installation/driver’s form and returns all paperwork to the office daily.
- Assists with unloading trucks/trailers unit and assures that it is well kept and maintained.
- Operates the vehicles in a safe manner. Reports any vehicle problems and defects. Must comply with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and other standards and regulations. Maintains a good driving record.
- Abides and follows company safety policy and conducts all activities as safely as possible.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Must have the ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with great attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within specific timeframe given.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace and shift priorities easily.
- Must be able to use proper technique to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods.
- A current/unexpired driver’s license or state/federal ID card is required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. unrestricted is required.
- Must have general knowledge of moving techniques.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime with little notice, and overnight runs is necessary.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and drug screen.
- Must maintain a clean criminal record and remain drug free.
- High school diploma or its equivalent and 6 months-1 year of related experience are preferred.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within warehouse and delivery industry.
- Must have routing and customer service experience.